Effective March 1, 2014, the Butler County Engineer’s Office adopted a permit fee covering all oversized, overweight permits for Butler County maintained roads as well as township roads. Posted below is a link to our 2014 fee schedule per resolution passed January 16, 2014. The fee structure is based on ODOT’s existing fee schedule with some differences.
Our decision to implement the new permit fee was based on much analysis and discussion. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated as we strive to keep Butler County’s roads safe and in good condition for the motoring public. Should you have any questions or concerns please contact Heavy Haul Permit Coordinator Tim Adams at 513-290-1504.
- Application Fee Schedule for Special Hauling Permit
- Special Hauling Permit Application – online form
- Truck Weight Limit Enforcement Program (Oversize/Overweight Load Bridge Restriction Maps)
All applications are reviewed and permits are issued provided the proposed work meets all County standards.
If you are interested in making online payment for a Special Hauling Permit Application from the Butler County Engineer’s Office, please read the following terms and conditions:
- The BCEO does not retain any credit card or financial account information. All transactions are processed by Fidelity National Information Services (FIS), a third party vendor that has been contracted by Butler County Ohio to process payments.
- Effective March 1, 2018, FIS will charge a convenience fee of 2.35% for all credit / debit card transactions with a minimum of $1.95, and $1.49 for all e-check transactions.
- One permit per transaction.
- Incorrect payment amount could result in delay of permit issuance by up to 120 days. Please contact BCEO Special Hauling Permits Coordinator Sheriff Deputy Tim Adams to verify correct payment.
- When asked for Reference Number, please enter your Permit Number. Not doing so will result in a delay of permit issuance.
- Processing and acceptance of payment does not constitute application approval.
- Questions? Please contact the BCEO at 513-867-5744.