MULTI-LANE ROUNDABOUTS ARE HERE IN BUTLER COUNTY!
NEW information/instruction below. We want to equip you with all you need to know about driving through a multi-lane roundabout with confidence.
THESE GREAT RESOURCES MAY BE DOWNLOADED FOR A CLOSER LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE .
Traffic roundabouts made their first appearances on major Butler County roads in 2008. Modern roundabouts were built at the Hamilton Mason Road / Liberty Fairfield Road / Vinnedge Road intersection as well as at the Lakota Drive West and Eagleridge Drive intersection. Since then additional roundabouts have been installed and more are being planned. See the current list at the bottom of this page.
This alternative to typical at-grade intersections offers improved safety while keeping traffic flowing at slower speeds through the intersection. Some motorists may require a little tutoring on just how roundabouts function and how to best use them. So we’ve created a downloadable INFOGRAPHIC that explains the benefits of a roundabout and how to approach, yield, enter, and exit a roundabout. It also shows more details such as location, maintenance responsibility, and type of roundabout.“It’s the number 1 tool in our toolbox.” – Greg Wilkens, Butler County Engineer
- INTERSECTION SAFETY (Roundabouts and Mini Roundabouts) – Federal Highway Administration provides Outreach/Education, Technical Materials, Research, and other resources for Roundabouts and Mini Roundabouts.
- BCEO ROUNDABOUT BEFORE/AFTER STATISTICS THROUGH 2022 – Statistical overview of how Butler County’s single-lane modern roundabouts are performing….A significant reduction in overall crashes and serious/fatal crashes.
Check out this informative video from Utah Dept. of Transportation on roundabouts that showcases the benefits of roundabouts in a unique way! Its points are easy to understand and apply as you drive through Butler County roundabouts.
MODERN ROUNDABOUTS IN BUTLER COUNTY (COMPLETED)
- Centre Pointe Dr & West Chester Towne Center (2006)
- University Dr & Dudley Dr (2007)
- Hamilton Mason Rd & Liberty Fairfield Rd (2008)
- Lakota Dr West & Eagleridge Dr (2008)
- Jacksonburg Rd & Morganthaler Rd (2010)
- Trenton Rd & Busenbark Rd (2011)
- Kyles Station Rd & Lesourdsville West Chester Rd (2012)
- Yankee Rd & Kyles Station Rd (2013)
- Millikin Rd & Mauds Hughes Rd (2013)
- SR 748 & Layhigh Rd (ODOT) (2015)
- Eaton Rd & Beissinger Rd (2015)
- Cincinnati Dayton Rd & Kyles Station Rd (2016)
- Civic Centre Blvd & Bass Pro Dr (2017)
- Princeton Rd & Yankee Rd (2017)
- Beckett Rd & Smith Rd (2018)
- Millikin Rd & Yankee Rd (2018)
- Hamilton Mason Rd & Lesourdsville West Chester Rd (2018)
- Hamilton Mason Rd & Gilmore Rd (2019)
- Gray Rd & River Rd (2019 – City of Fairfield)
- Lesourdsville West Chester Rd & Beckett Ridge Blvd (2020)
- SR 73 & Jacksonburg Rd (ODOT) (2021)
- Millikin Rd & Lesourdsville West Chester Rd (South Leg) (2021)
- Butler Warren Rd & West Chester Rd/ Socialville Foster (2021)
- Butler Warren Rd & Barret Rd/Western Row Rd (2021)
- Wayne Madison Rd & Trenton Rd (2021)
- Hamilton Mason Rd & Tylersville Rd – Five Points (2022)
- Veterans Blvd – two roundabouts (2022)
- Ohio 129/ Liberty Way & I-75 at Cox Rd (2021-22)
- US 127 & SR 73 (ODOT)(2022)
PLANNED MODERN ROUNDABOUTS
- Princeton Rd & Mauds Hughes Rd (2023) – UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- Stahlheber Rd & Morman Rd (2023) – UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- Tylersville Rd & Beckett Rd (2023)
- Millikin Rd & Morris Rd (2024)
- West Chester Rd & Turfway Trail (2024)
- Millikin Rd & Lesourdsville West Chester Rd (North Leg) (2025)
Neighborhood traffic circles
- Seward Rd & Kohn Dr (1997 – City of Fairfield)
- Seward Rd & Essex Orchard Station Dr (1997 – City of Fairfield)
- Hughes Ln E & Hughes Ln W (1998)
- Hutzelman Wy & Plum Tree Dr (2002)
- The Trails Blvd & Cambridge Dr/Kensington Trl (2002)
- Berkshire Pl & Amberley Ct/Wiltshire Ct (2002)
- Aspen Trails Blvd & Aspenwood Dr (2003)
- Carriage House Blvd & Thoroughbred Ln/Winners Circle Dr (2014)